[Zope-CMF] Security declarations on adapters

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Tue Sep 4 17:56:32 UTC 2012

Yuppie recently pointed out that I'd completely forgotten about the RSS
output of my changes to syndication which was broken. While I was fixing
this I was struck by two things:

* is there an easy way to write the test for something that requires a
tool and some content?

* backporting the changes to the PythonScript I hit a roadblock that I
can't use security declarations on the adapter. Fortunately, I was able to
use the tool as a workaround but, apart from ripping out the PythonScript,
I can't think of a better solution.

Any ideas? I'm also struggling with a convenient way of handling the
difference in time formatting arising form using native datetime and
DateTime with it's convenient rfc822 method

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director