[Zope-CMF] Security declarations on adapters

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Sep 6 14:58:57 UTC 2012

Am 06.09.2012, 16:24 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2012 at wcm-solutions.de>:

> These changes provide better backward compatibility for code using CMF
> tools/utilities and better forward compatibility for running CMF on Zope
> 4. (*If* the proposed changes become part of Zope 4.)

As you say, if.

>  We don't have to wait for the Zope 4 release, just for the decision
> about the changes and for a five.localsitemanager release. Some small
> changes I made for CMF 2.3 don't play nice with the changes Laurence is
> working on.

Point taken.

>   All the other unfinished tasks can be deferred to CMF 2.4.
>  Do we have a list of these unfinished tasks?

>  There are the (incomplete) todo lists for browser views. I'd also like
> to revisit the names we did choose for the views and make them the
> default target of Actions.

hm, I drew up the lists from the existing Scripts/Templates and thought it
was complete. I've just checked again and can only find the following as
not done:

- [?] viewThreadsAtBottom.pt (structure)
- [?] talkback_tree.pt (macros)
- [?] setup_talkback_tree.py
- [?] discitem_delete.py

I thought we'd agreed not to make them the default for this release but
remove the "experimental" label from the profile. Personally, I would like
to see them as the default, not least because they nearly all have
coverage. But, we shouldn't be packing too much into a single release.
Maybe because you work with trunk you notice less?

>  As soon as we have a complete replacement for the oldstyle skins I'd
> like to move those skins into a separate legacy package.

+1

>  (I recently removed the complete skins tool from some of my CMF
> instances. That depends on a few hacks, but works quite well.)

Sounds great but should be in a separate release.

> We also should consider moving the skins tool and the directory view
> code into a separate package.

This could be in 2.4

> That code has some dependencies that were removed from Zope 2 (Zope 4)
> and are not required for sites without skins tool. In the long run I
> have no ambitions to maintain that code and its dependencies.

I don't think anyone does.

>  Off the top of my head:
> correcting the docs.
>  There are also duplicate DCWorkflow docs. Someone has to figure out if
> the old .stx docs are redundant and obsolete.

There are equivalents for all .stx as .rst. I thought I had moved the
files over but apparently not. I don't know what to do about the examples.
But the .stx files can go.

I think all the docs need a review but would like them to be visible first.

>  I'd also like to see at least minimal support for a WYSIWYG editor for
> HTML-text fields. Not sure if this should be part of CMF or a standalone
> formlib addition because of the external dependencies.

>  Some day I want to switch to z3c.form which has more add ons. I
> wouldn't spend too much time on formlib specific features.

Again that would be for a later release.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director