[Zope-CMF] GenericSetup: Apply profile dependencies only once

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Sep 23 20:57:03 CEST 2015

Hi yuppie,

Op 23-09-15 om 16:53 schreef yuppie:
> if you run a base profile in purge mode, shouldn't that purge profile
> versions automatically?

GenericSetup itself is not doing this currently.
It might be good to do that, but I guess it is not always needed.
Then again, I have never written a base profile myself, only extension
profiles, so I'm not sure what creators of base profiles expect here.

> Sorry, but I'm still not convinced.
>
> I agree the negative effect is smaller in the tests. I would not object
> if you make automated cleanups in tests before you modify them.

If you mean you want me to only cleanup an individual test file or even
an individual test method when I touch it, then: no way.  Then pep8
fixes and real fixes will get thrown together making it harder to judge
a pull request.  Let's just get it over with for the tests in one go.
Otherwise: never mind, let's not worry about pep8 for this package ever
at all.  But maybe I misinterpret your words.

Anyway, let's not lose too much sleep arguing over this.
I have created a new pull request, superseding the other pep8 one.
https://github.com/zopefoundation/Products.GenericSetup/pull/21

This cleans up pep8 in the tests. The first commit is only white space.
The second commit is more aggressive, but far, far smaller.

Plus in the rest of the code this fixes only pep8 issues in comments or
in empty lines: removing or adding a line or removing white space on an
otherwise blank line.

Cheers,

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/