[Zope-Coders] Zope 2.7 branch

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:17:29 +1000

>>> Shane Hathaway wrote
> No problem.  I suggest we ignore the Zope-2_7-branch for now (I wish
> there were a way to temporarily disable checkins to a branch) and
> consider the head to be Zope 2.7.

Disabling checkins on a branch could probably be done with a suitably
magic commit script. Or, since there will be a new tag of Zope-2_7-branch
at some point when we go to beta of 2.7, just cvs tag -d Zope-2_7-branch
and blow away the tag. The branch will still be there, but the chances of
someone managing to check stuff into it without a symbolic name is.. slight.

(If you want to be thorough, tag what's in the 2.7 branch now with some
name like Zope-2_7-too-early-branch, before nuking the Zope-2_7-branch tag).

Anthony