[ZCM] [ZC] 1479/ 2 Accept "browser time out trying to view index tab of ZCatalog-derived catalogs"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin at zope.org
Tue Aug 24 04:33:11 EDT 2004

Issue #1479 Update (Accept) "browser time out trying to view index tab of ZCatalog-derived catalogs"
 Status Accepted, Catalog/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1479

= Accept - Entry #2 by chrisw on Aug 24, 2004 4:33 am

 Supporters added: chrisw

Your ZCTextIndex is likely to be the culprit here.

Is this a Zope instance that was upgraded from an earlier version where the ZCTextIndex was created in that earleir version?

In any case, please can you upgrade to Zope 2.7.2, delete the ZCTextIndex and its Lexicon, re-instantiate both and re-index all the content into that index.

In my experience, that will solve the problem.
= Request - Entry #1 by gerry on Aug 23, 2004 5:02 pm

I have a catalog of ~25K objects. I am using the following indexes:

- ZCTextIndex
- TextIndexNG2
- FieldIndex
- KeywordIndex
- DateIndex
- DateRangeIndex

When I click on the Index tab in the ZMI, it always times out... makes it hard to manage indexes!