[ZCM] [ZC] 1939/ 2 Comment "Unreliable restart under Windows"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin at zope.org
Thu Dec 15 18:26:07 EST 2005

Issue #1939 Update (Comment) "Unreliable restart under Windows"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1939

= Comment - Entry #2 by mhammond on Dec 15, 2005 6:26 pm

In principal I agree - the current code could write 16k to the log, which is too much.

However, I'm surprised that it would fail.  The current version of the code should have a version of warning that catches failure to write to the log and ignores it.

Could you please check that your version of the _dolog() function in nt_svcutils\service.py catches win32api.error exceptions?  If not, then you probably have an older versions, and that's fine.  If so, could you please let me know exactly what exception you were seeing in this case?

Either way, I think the change you propose is reasonable.
= Request - Entry #1 by d.maurer on Nov 3, 2005 5:30 am

The call "self.warning("process terminated with exit code %d.\n%s" % (status, "".join(self.captured_blocks)))" in "nt_service.service.Service.run" may transfer too much information for the Windows event service, resulting in an exception. If such an exception occurs, the automatic restart fails.

We reduced the "CHILDCAPTURE_MAX_BLOCKS" from 200 to 10 to work around this problem