[ZCM] [ZC] 1791/ 3 Resolve "Cannot install signal handlers"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin at zope.org
Fri Dec 16 18:17:04 EST 2005

Issue #1791 Update (Resolve) "Cannot install signal handlers"
 Status Resolved, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1791

= Resolve - Entry #3 by tim_one on Dec 16, 2005 6:17 pm

I agree with Mark that this is out of date, so am closing as Resolved.  If the problem continues with a current Zope release, please reopen this report, or file a new one.  Thanks!
= Comment - Entry #2 by mhammond on Dec 16, 2005 5:54 pm

It looks like this was a source install of Zope.  It didn't point to a particular problem - it just meant that new features we added (reliable shutdown) would not be available.

The item is now stale as (a) pywin32 205 is available which fixes it and (b) Zope binaries are available that ship with the correct version.
= Request - Entry #1 by wayneturner on May 23, 2005 3:28 pm

I get the following message when I start Zope:
Z2 can not install signal handlers. Please install (or upgrade) your pywin32 intatllation (https://sf.net/projects/pywin32)

I have the latest Python 2.4.1 installed, along with pywin32-204.win32-py2.4.exe.

I have been working my way through the ZopeBook-2_6.pdf, and I get stuck on page 99, where we calculate compounding interest.

I am guessing the error message I received is realted to my problem working through the tutorial.

I have looked in this web site, and have found Issue 1711 that seems to be related to my problem. Unfortunately, since I am new to the world of Zope and Python, I do not understand his solution.

So, is the problem I am having with the tutorial related to the error message? How do I fix this?