[ZCM] [ZC] 1981/ 2 Comment "Enable ZEO log rotation"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin at zope.org
Wed Dec 21 06:42:22 EST 2005

Issue #1981 Update (Comment) "Enable ZEO log rotation"
 Status Pending, Database/feature+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1981

= Comment - Entry #2 by dreamcatcher on Dec 21, 2005 6:42 am

FWIW, I've just tested the patch on linux and it works great with a ZEO instance created by './bin/mkzeoinstance.py' from a Zope 2.8 checkout.
= Request - Entry #1 by mhammond on Dec 21, 2005 1:58 am

Uploaded:  "zeo_rotate.patch"
 - http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1981/zeo_rotate.patch/view
Currently ZEO ignores SIGUSR2 signals, which was in the past used for log rotation (Zope still does use that signal).

I'm attaching a patch that should give ZEO the same log rotation capabilities as Zope.  Sadly I'm not in a position to test linux, but it *should* work <wink>.  It works for Windows.  Only tested under a ZEO that runs next to a Zope (ie, not in stand-alone ZODB, whatever that means :)