Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: [Zope-DB] DCOracle2 - Invalid connection string

Carsten.Hoff@BASF-IT-Services.com Carsten.Hoff@BASF-IT-Services.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:16:06 +0100

Hi Matthew,
calling /etc/rc.d/init.d/zope start as root does not change anything (or am
I misunderstanding your request to start it manually, I did not find any
other start script).
I have put on the tracedump and dco2 throws an oci/oracle error
(ORA-12154), that it is unable to resolve the services name.
But calling sqlplus with the same connect string works, so I assume correct
tnsname.ora and sqlnet.oras. The instance I want to connect is an 8.1.6
installation on a hpux node in the same network (using tcp as connect
mode).
Thanks for any other hints.
For you information:
We are evaluating zope for our internal documention and or cms projects.
Oracle is our favourite DB so we need a possiblity to get data from oracle.

TIA carsten

"Matthew T. Kromer" <matt@zope.com> am 30.11.2001 18:53:17