[Zope-DB] DCO2 and nulls

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:58:08 -0500

Dario Lopez-K=E4sten wrote:

>HELO

250 Hello, pleased to meet you   [ SMTP humor ]

>I have a problem. with dco2 and null date columns. They seem to
>stocastically get what ever is available in memory... I have a select
>statement that potentially returns null dates and the vaule in that vari=
able
>is changeing at random, sometimes giving errors and some times returning=
>phoney date...

Looking at the source code, I'd think it SHOULD be working properly,=20
since the section of ResultSetItem_value checks to see if the indicator=20
is -1 (NULL) before trying to convert the result.  When I tested it=20
against my datetest table (which has nulls in it) it works OK.

Are you using this with a stored procedure?

There were problems fixed about a month or two ago dealing with NULL=20
handlings when the column type wasnt known.

>can someone confirm this behaviour in latest cvs release; it could be th=
>case that "ch_time" is one of those "secret" :-) reserved words in zope =
as
>well

I'm not aware of "ch_time" being a magic variable but that doesn't mean=20
it isnt.