[Zope-DB] Concurrenct updates in a table, column, row

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:25:41 +0100

> If you use SELECT ... FOR UPDATE you will lock the columns you select so
> they cannot be updated by another query until your transaction commits
> (ie it should be pessimistic locking, vs Oracle's normal optimistic
> locking strategy).

thanks, matt - got a followup question:

if I am in the same request, and I do this i zsqlmeth1 and then do the
actual update in zsqlmeth2 and do the commit in zsqlmeth3, all using the
same db-connection object, will it work?

I am calling them from the same PythonScript? How do I know if I am still in
the same transcation?

/dario