[Zope-DB] db2: accumulating connections

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 23:09:21 +0200

Stephan Herschel writes:
 > We've got a db2 database which we access with zope. It seems that the
 > Zope-server is regularly opening new connections but never closing them.
 > I've already looked into the database-adapter, but to me it looks ok.
 > Maybe somebody can explain to me how Zope works in this respect or tell
 > me where I can find documentation? When is Zope supposed to open a new
 > connection? When will it close an open connection? What classes are
 > involved?
Zope flushes objects from its cache when they are not used for
some time (can be controlled via "Control_Panel --> Database Management -->
Cache parameters").
When it flushes a database connection object, the connection should be
closed.

When the object is later needed again, it is read from the storage
and a new connection is created to the database.

This means, something prevents closing the connection when
the object is flushed.

Dieter