[Zope-DB] Re: [Q] Officially abandon "SQL-null -> Missing.Value mapping"

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:39:37 +0100

Matthew T. Kromer writes:
 > >I suggest that we officially abandon and deprecate the
 > >"SQL-null" to "Missing.Value" mapping in favour of the much
 > >more usable "SQL-null <-> Python None" mapping.
 > I think the problem is that DTML tends to do a truth test, which None
 > fails, hence the reason Missing.Value kicks in.
I do not understand that:

  What "truth test" is DTML doing?

 > Certainly most adapters I know of return NULL as None.
Apparently, we do not need "Missing.Value" then?

  I never read something about a problem for the "SQL null <-> None"
  mapping, but every once in a while someone has problems
  with "Missing.Value".

Dieter