[Zope-DB] Error message in DCOracle2

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 08:21:54 -0500

Dieter Fischer wrote:

>Hello
>
>Yesterday I switched from an Zope 2.5.0 on SuSE 8.0 to the newest 2.6 of the
>cvs.
>Everything went well, but I get the following error message (in
>var/error.log), when I access my Oracle DB.
>
>2002-12-03T00:47:28 PROBLEM(100) TM jar missing sortKey() method:
><Products.DCOracle2.db.DB instance at 0x8d55be4>

This comes from a recent change to ZODB3 which causes anything which
registers with the transaction manager to be committed in a strict
order.  It wants the things that register to have a sortKey() method; if
it doesnt have one, it guesses a default.  Zope *probably* needs to
update the Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM class to add a sortKey method which is
harmless.  The reason for the sort orders is to prevent a deadlock when
a lock is required to commit a transaction and two independant servers
acquire locks in different orders.