[Zope-DB] leaking connections or what? (zope 2.5 with DB2)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:06:49 +0100

Stephan Herschel writes:
 > On our Zope we've got the problem that there is a tendency for more and
 > more connections being opened. As we keep restarting the Zope Server
 > from time to time this is not a very big problem, but still I wonder if
 > this is the way it should be. Shouldn't there be a way to constrain the
 > number of open connections? (especially as there might arise license
 > problems on the database)
 > Have others experienced similar behaviour? Is it a matter of the DA?
We have seen this, but a long time ago:

  *  The old DCOracle (1, not the current DCOracle2) had built
     a cyclic datastructure when stored procedures have been
     used. These structures could not be released by
     Python's reference counting based garbage collector.

  *  It may be that an old version of ZPsycopgDA leaked
     connections. This has never been tracked down
     completely.

     The problem disappeared when we upgrades the product (for
     different reasons).

Dieter