[Zope-DB] Problems with installation of psycopg-1.0.1

Michael Long mlong@datalong.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 00:57:52 -0500

This has become very painful. I have found the proper library and include
file locations. I run configure with:

./configure --with-zope=/opt/zope --with-mxdatetime-includes=/usr/include
--with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/pgsql --with-postgres-libraries=/usr/lib

When I run make next there is some output that indicates a problem:

awk '/.+OID[ \t]+[0-9]+/ {print $2 " " $3}' \
        /usr/include/pgsql/catalog/pg_type.h | \
        python buildtypes.py >typeobj_builtins.c
LZTEXT: value not found

After running make install-zope and starting a python shell I type:
import psycopg and get the following output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named DateTime

I have also modified ld.so.conf to include the paths of all the include files.

Any hints...thanks.