[Zope-DB] ZPoPyDB and floating values

Andreas Theofilu andreas@TCnet.at
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 09:32:50 +0200

> I'm using here Zope 2.4.1, Python 2.1.1 and ZPoPyDB 2.0.8 with Postgres
> 7.0.1 (SuSE 7.2). All works fine except floating point values stored in
> the database. When I retrieve fields defined as "decimal(5.1)" for
> example, I get only the integer value from the database. Zope seems to
> treat all floating point values as simple integers. How can I get these

Sorry for asking this. I solved the problem. When I define floating point
values as float4 or float8, then Zope realizes that the fields are floating
point values and I get all values correct. However. The data type "decimal" is
a legal type and PostgreSQL supports ist, but Zope think it's an integer.