[Zope-DB] Transaction questions

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:14:40 +0200

Jose Gerardo Amaya Giron wrote:
> I want to use MS SQL Server transactions, do I need to include them in
> my SQL Methods or Zope is doing this already when I call them.
> I make some inserts to several tables(separate methods) and when one of
> them fail it does not roll back to the initial state.
> What do I need to do.

I'd to know that too. More precisely, how can a Zope DA hook
itself up with the Zope transaction mechanism ?

This is esp. important for the mxODBC Zope DA we are working
on since it defaults to transaction based behaviour which means
that without .commit() call, transactions are not committed
to the data source.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg