[Zope-DB] ZODBC Information

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 19:50:29 +0200

Jose Gerardo Amaya Giron writes:
 > I'm using zope with MS SQL Server, and right now I'm having some
 > problems with transactions, I have a couple of questions:
 >
 > 1.- Does the ZODBC support MS SQL Server transactions? How?
Almost surely. And automatically. You need to do nothing.

 > 2.- Is there an specific MS SQL Server module I can try?
Not that I know of.

On Windows, you best use ZmxODBCDA (you need "mxODBCDA" with costs something).
Only, if it is too expensive for you, you use ZODBCDA (which has
some well known problems (--> mailing list archives!)).

When you come from Unix/Linux, there are several options.
Search the mailing list archives for SQLRelay. You will
find further alternatives.

Dieter