[Zope-DB] DA for MS SQLServer

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:39:20 +0200

Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
> ARhuggenaath@ITSNV.com wrote:
>
>> Please, where can I find a DA for MS SQLServer 7.x.
>>
>> I'm running zope 2.5.1 on Linux Redhat 2.2.
>

> One way you can do this is with ZODBCDA -- download that product from
> zope.org, and create a System DSN in your ODBC32 control panel.  Use the
> name of the System DSN with ZODBCDA to connect.
>
> mxODBC is probably a more robust solution for you.

While this is possible (going from Linux to NT/2000 via ODBC),
you will have to get an ODBC driver or an ODBC-ODBC bridge for
this to work.

Here are some options:
* EasySoft ODBC-ODBC bridge
* OpenLink ODBC driver kit
* Data Direct ODBC driver kit (they talk the native wire
   protocol)

A cheap alternative is using a TDS based approach such as
FreeTDS, but you should be aware that they don't offer all
the features you get from ODBC, e.g. using an mxODBC approach
you can easily move between Windows and Linux without
changing a line of code in your Zope installation.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH