[Zope-DB] Psycopg, Zope & Autocommit

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 20:47:35 +0100

On 2002-11-08 at 20:24:56 [+0100], Charlie Clark wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> can anybody tell me how to enable autocommit in psycopg on Linux? It
> seems it's enable by default in windows and I don't want to have to
> change all my ZSQL-methods juts to add commit;

Sorry I need to correct myself having read up on autocommit which is not
available in Zope for good reasons.

But I still have a problem! All my ZSQL-methods are written like

create table person
(blah INTEGER)

and they've all been working fine until now. I've just switched to
PostgreSQL using psycopg and I didn't have to change anything in windows.
Having just installed my application on a Linux server I find that none of
the methods are really being called unless I add "commit;" at the end of
the method. It would be great if someone could explain to me what the issue
is and whether I need to change all my ZSQL-methods.

Thanx

Charlie