[Zope-DB] mxDateTime result

Tom Jenkins tjenkins@devis.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:16:46 -0500

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg writes:
>  > If there's an easy way to do this, I could add something along these
>  > lines to mxDateTime 2.1.0.
> You add two attributes to your objects:
>
>     __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__=1
>
> and
>
>     __roles__= None
>
> These make the objects public.

Has anyone used mxDateTime objects instead of zope DateTime objects?  We
have some interesting (read PITA) things going on when moving Access
data to postgres.  In access if the date is empty, when the data is
moved the date will be 1899-12-31.  this date incidently chokes zope's
DateTime object.

We'd love to dump zope's DateTime and just use mxDateTimes returned from
psycopg but I haven't heard of anybody doing this.

--

Tom Jenkins
Development InfoStructure