[Zope-DB] Re: ZOracleDA and Oracle sessions: bug?

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:28:53 +0200

On Monday 14 October 2002 16:17, Iain Bassam wrote:
> If you need to kill the sessions in Oracle, query v$session for the sid=
 and
> serial#. Then issue alter system kill session '<sid>,<serial#>';

Ugghhh... This is ugly solution. Also if I have a pool of connections and=
 I=20
want remove not my own connection, but lots of others and this is impossi=
ble.

2Matt:
> I suspect there's a cycle getting created somewhere, where the actual
> connection object isn't being released.  Short of an explicit close() o=
> the connection object, the connection is actually only closed when the
> connection object (the DCOracle2.py layer one) releases the C connectio=
> object.

Hmmm... Hmm... Hm... Yes, seems that Zope still keeps the C object somewh=
ere,=20
but I can't find where exactly. I've even tried to:

=09getattr(parent, myConn).manage_close_connection()
=09getattr(parent, myConn)._v_database_connection.cursor._cursor.close()
=09del getattr(parent, myConn)._v_connected
=09del getattr(parent, myConn)._v_database_connection

=2E..and session is still present. What I have to do to release the C obj=
ect?

--=20
Regards, Bogdan

No proper program contains an indication which as an operator-applied
occurrence identifies an operator-defining occurrence which as an
indication-applied occurrence identifies an indication-defining occurrenc=
different from the one identified by the given indication as an
indication-applied occurrence.
                -- ALGOL 68 Report