[Zope-DB] (no subject)

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:13:22 -0400

Michael Havard wrote:

> Can't add new, copy/cut/paste objects or content. ORA-06502. Doesn't
> matter what I try to do. I can copy or cut something but pasting
> fails, renaming fails as well as creating any new content. Anyone run
> across this before?

If it helps:

ORA-06502 PL/SQL: numeric or value error

Cause: An arithmetic, numeric, string, conversion, or constraint error
occurred. For example, this error occurs if an attempt is made to assign
the value NULL to a variable declared NOT NULL, or if an attempt is made
to assign an integer larger than 88 to a variable declared NUMBER(2).
Action: Change the data, how it is manipulated, or how it is declared so
that values do not violate constraints.

The best way to track it is to turn on DCOracle2 tracing by

export DCO2TRACEDUMP=dco2.tracedump

and capture a few dumps

--
Matt Kromer