[Zope-DB] Multi table update from one input form

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:10:11 +0200

Norman Khine writes:
 > I am using PostgreSQL for the database.
 > Not sure if I understand your solution, as this is what I thought was doing,
 > i.e. calling sequence_id_business_name as the DTML which calls the last
 > value added to this sequence_table, BUT I get an error, as the output of
 > this method is "Shared.DC.ZRDB.Results.Results instance at 141d744", which I
 > guess is what is causing the error as it is trying to put this into the
 > fk_business_name field; as this is the default way for Python to provide the
 > representation of an object, so to return the last value, I did this:
 >
 > <dtml-in sequence_id_business_name>
 > <dtml-in sequence-item >
 > <dtml-var sequence-item>
 > </dtml-in-->
 > </dtml-in>
Wow! A bit indirect:

  The result of a Z SQL Method call behaves like a sequence of rows.
  The colums in the row can be either accessed by their name or by
  their index.

  Thus,

	<dtml-var expr="sequence_id_business_name()[0][0]">

  does the same, you do with your nested "dtml-in"
  (when you know that you get a single row with a single column).

Dieter