[Zope-DB] Adding presentation metadata to an SQL Method

Kevin Chambers kevin@molingo.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 00:30:21 -0700

Hi there--

I don't know that this is the right place to ask this, but I'm new to Zope, and
looking for ideas about how to get to where I need to go...

I would like to be able to extend an SQL Method so as to be able to add
presentation data about each field so that I could do iterate through a
collection of field objects and have each one produce the right formattingin
HTML.  For example, specifying a css class or appropriate input type.

I don't know if this is right way to go about this in Zope.  I'm just trying
figuring out what the best "zope ways" are of flexibly adding presentation
metadata to the data I'm pulling out of my DB.

And if there's a better place to ask a question like this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Chambers