[Zope-DB] Errors with MySQL 4.1a Timestamp fields

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Mon Aug 25 20:58:46 EDT 2003

	I just upgraded my server to MySQL 4.1 alpha, and all in all,
everything seems to be working fine. One problem I have found, though,
is that any query that uses a Timestamp field now fails with the
message:

Error Type: ValueError
Error Value: invalid literal for int(): 8-

	Since the way a timestamp is returned in 4.1 has changed, I'm assuming
that ZMySqlDA is choking on this new format. I'm working around it by
changing all the fields to:

from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(field))

but that's pretty messy. Does anyone have any more elegant ways of
handling this? Also, the latest stuff for ZMySqlDA seems to be around
2001. Any idea if an updated version can be expected anytime soon?

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /