[Zope-DB] Connection SAS (sas institute) and Zope via odbc

Niels Steen Krogh nielssteenkrogh@hotmail.com
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:33:24 +0200

Thank you for your very prompt reaction.

Read-only is acceptable for my project.
Have you tried the ODBC-interface from mx (SAS-linux) or
mx+odbc-bridge(SAS-windoze) yourself (or do you know of reported use)?

Shall I expect your mx-stuff to work out-of-the-box with SAS-ODBC-driver?

/Niels

Cand. Polit.
Niels Steen Krogh
Solsortvej 44
2000 F.

Tlf: 3888 8613

ZiteLab / EmpoweR youR data

>From: "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com>
>To: Niels Steen Krogh <nielssteenkrogh@hotmail.com>
>CC: zope-db@zope.org
>Subject: Re: [Zope-DB] Connection SAS (sas institute) and Zope via odbc
>Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:17:33 +0200
>
>Niels Steen Krogh wrote:
>>Have any of you tried to connect to sas-data on a windoze-server from
>>Zope/python running on a linux box.
>>
>>I would like to set up a webinterface to SASdata using Zope/RsessionDA, R
>>and RSOAP. I know SAS supports ODBC and I might try a kombination of
>>mxODBCZopeDA and easysoft odbc-bridge, but I would very much like to know
>>if its possible before I dig into it.
>>
>>I would like any feedback - both optimistic and pessimistic.....
>
>According to the SAS web-page their ODBC driver is read-only; not
>sure whether there are Python interfaces you could use for both
>read/write access.
>
>Note that SAS for Linux does come with an ODBC driver, so you might
>be able to use mxODBC Zope DA without piping data through the ODBC-ODBC
>bridge.
>
>--
>Marc-Andre Lemburg
>eGenix.com
>
>Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 02 2003)
>2003-07-01: Released mxODBC.Zope.DA for FreeBSD             1.0.6 beta 1

Nem, sjov og hurtig chat med vennerne med MSN Messenger
http://messenger.msn.dk