[Zope-DB] Problems with ZODBC & User type

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:00:05 +0200

Samir Mishra wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to run a query that updates a record in a table in MS SQL using
> ZODBC. When I run the query as a manager, it runs without a hitch, but when
> I try and run it as an authenticated user, I get the following error -

You should try the same using the mxODBC Zope DA. ZODBC sends
all data as strings and this can easily cause a data truncation
to happen.

The mxODBC Zope DA interfaces to the ODBC driver using native data
types whenever possible -- that's not only faster, it also avoids
truncations due to SQL limits.