[Zope-DB] KeyError for DTML Method accessing

Adam Getchell AdamG@hrrm.ucdavis.edu
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:55:26 -0700

Hi all,

I'm developing an application which lists current job openings.

I have a view created on our MSSQL server that has the following
columns: postdate, vlnum, wrktitle, title, minmonthly, maxmonthly,
ffd. I created and tested a Zope ODBC connector called
ODBC_SQLDEVEL_HR which successfully connects to this view.

I then created a Z SQL Method called searchInterimEOB, with a
connection ID of ODBC_SQLDEVEL_HR, and no arguments, with the
following SQL:

select * from InterimEOB ORDER BY category, postdate DESC

This statement returns all of the rows that I want. The form I want
to create should just list the contents of this query.

I then created a DTML Method called EOBList with the following:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<h2><dtml-var title_or_id> <dtml-var document_title></h2>
This is the <dtml-var document_id> Document
in the <dtml-var title_and_id> Folder.
<dtml-in "searchInterimEOB">
</dtml-in>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

However, doing a view of this generates the following error:

Page Error

An an error occurred while publishing this resource.

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: 0

Troubleshooting Suggestions

    * This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object
or variable 0.
    * The URL may be incorrect.
    * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an
error.

It seems I don't have a variable set. Can you shed any light?

* Adam Getchell					AdamG@hrrm.ucdavis.edu
* System Architect/Programmer			(530) 752-1584
* Human Resources Information Systems	http://www.hr.ucdavis.edu/
"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability in the opponent." -- Sun
Tzu