[Zope-DB] ZOracleDA and CLOBs

Brian Brinegar brinegar@pier.ecn.purdue.edu
Tue, 13 May 2003 16:52:24 -0500

I am using DCOracle2. I read this in the ZOracleDA readme. If I query a
table containing CLOBs using the test tab of an Oracle Connection I get
a error saying "__str__ returned non-string (type None)".  I have
inserted data into the CLOBs from Zope and I can read it out from sqlplus.

If I create a ZSQL Method that queries the table containing CLOBs and
use the test tab of that ZSQL method I get the same, "__str__ returned
non-string (type None)" error. If I change the maximum rows to one I get
back the results with "<LobLocator object at 0x14f05a98>" in place of
the LOB value.

-Brian