[Zope-DB] DCOracleStorage Woes (The Woe Strikes Back)

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 09:24:59 -0400

Norfleet, Sheppard S. wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>Got DCOracle2 working thanks to Matthew Kromer's help.  I now have moved on
>to stranger pastures.
>
>New problem.  DCOracleStorage seems to work, but it doesnt work well.  By
>that I can log in as admin and add and do simple stuff.  On the console I am
>getting reams of errors from DCOracleStorage Adapter.
>
>They all seem to have the same problem with line 534, apparently a setstate
>operation is taking place, but an EOFError is being raised.  Any ideas?
>
>Heres a replica of only two such errors:
>
>------
>2003-05-21T17:10:38 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for
>'\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\xcb'
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  File /usr/local/zope_oracle/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 534, in
>setstate
>EOFError
>------
>2003-05-21T17:10:38 ERROR(200) Zope Couldn't install OFSP
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  File /usr/local/zope_oracle/lib/python/OFS/Application.py, line 647,
>install_product
>    (Object: Zope)
>    (Info: OFSP)
>  File /usr/local/zope_oracle/lib/python/Products/OFSP/__init__.py, line
>117, in initialize
>  File /usr/local/zope_oracle/lib/python/ProductContext.py, line 299, in
>registerHelp
>  File /usr/local/zope_oracle/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 534,
>setstate EOFError
>------
>
>Once again any help would be appreciated.
>
>Shep

Shep, you're using DCOracle2 1.3 or higher, right?  DCOracle2 1.2
release is busted with respect to LOB objects, which DCOracleStorage
uses (all LOBS get marked as being temporary, and if they're actually
REAL lobs, the temporary flag is never cleared, making all reads return
0 length).

I think this is probably what is griefing you.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/