[Zope-DB] Problem retrieving data from LONG field

Eric Burgess edb_mail@yahoo.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:48:02 -0700 (PDT)

I am using this SQL query:
select message from lsr_message
where id = <dtml-sqlvar in_id type="string">

The "message" field is of type LONG, and is not returned.
If I SELECT * instead, the other fields are returned
properly, but not MESSAGE.  I have tried the
"message.read()" syntax that is shown for LOBs, but it
gives me an attribute error.

I'm using the following versions:
DCOracle2 1.3 beta (1.2 behaved the same)
Oracle 8.1.7.3.0
Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python
2.1.3, win32 (Win2k Pro)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

=====
When you defeat a thousand opponents, you still have a thousand opponents. When you change a thousand minds, you have a thousand allies.

http://www.ishmael.com