[Zope-DB] New ZOracleDA to test

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 17:08:20 EST 2003

Hi there,

I've finally(!) finished my first pass at reworking ZOracleDA.

The major new features are:

1. Pooling of connections. This will hopefully see ZOracleDA use only the
connections it needs to, in turn resulting in fewer long-dormant connections
from Oracle to Zope.

2. Handling of broken connections. This is currently limited to ORA-03114 and
ORA-01012 errors, but is trivial to expand. Broken connections are closed and
the entire request retried, as for a conflict error.

3. Full test suites. See the notes at the end of the README file for
instructions on how to run this.

This work as also seen a general cleanup of the ZOracleDA code, including some
work on stored procedures.

If you'd like to test this, please download the source from:
http://cvs.zope.org/Products/DCOracle2/DCOracle2.tar.gz?tarball=1&only_with_tag=chrisw_fixconnectionleak_branch

This work has been funded by Bristol University, UK, so many thanks for them for
helping me to fix this stuff.

If you get any errors when running the tests, or experience any problems with
the new code, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

cheers,

Chris