[Zope-DB] Can't get DCOracle2 to work with Python in Zope

Matthew T. Kromer matt at zope.com
Wed Nov 5 11:13:44 EST 2003

Chris Withers wrote:

> John J Shockro wrote:
>

>>> Why are you trying to use DCOracle2 from a python script in Zope?
>>

>> I need to call Stored Procedures with IN and Out parameters.
>

> Do Z Oracle Stored Procedure objects not let you do this?
>
> Chris

Sort of; the DBAPI says the result of a stored procedure using a the
procedure call method is the list of all parameters.  DCOracle2 (if I
recall) uses a more terse mode for compatibility with DCOracle where the
result list is the list of all OUT paramteters (including IN/OUT
parameters).

So you'd do (a, b, c) = proc(x, y, z, a)

if a,b,c were OUT parameters of the proc, where b and c were OUT only,
and a was IN OUT.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/