[Zope-DB] Zope-Mysqldb

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Nov 7 16:49:02 EST 2003

Kike Peña wrote at 2003-11-6 16:38 -0500:
 > I'm trying to install de MySqldb product in zope 2.6.1 but I couldn't do it.
 > I have try "everything" that has cross my mind with the help of de howto's,
 > readme's, etc.
 > It's all down to this:
 > ImportError: _mysql.so: undifined symbol PyType_GenericAlloc

Looks as if "_mysql.so" expects a different Python version
than you are using.

Check what Python version "_mysql.so" has been built for
and what Python version you have.

 > Previusly it had an error:   importError: _mysql.so symbol errno, version
 > GLIBC2.0 not define infile libc.so.6 with link time reference.

Wow! This is comparable in clarity to Windows error messages...

Something went wrong with the creation of your "_mysql.so".
Unfortunately, I am not smart enough to decode the above
error message.

At your place, I would try again and painfully stick to the
installation instructions.

--
Dieter