Saga continues ([Zope-DB] DCOracle2: close connection doesn't)

Paul Browning paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 20:08:22 EDT 2003

--On 30 September 2003 10:12 +0200 "Bo M. Maryniuck"
<b.maryniuk at forbis.lt> wrote:

[snip]

>> Zope is not to blame
> I really want to beleive in that...

Me too. BUT ...... we have been having a torrid time over the
summer with Zope and Oracle.

We have several Zope instances, many Oracle instances and
and a lot Z Oracle Database Connection objects.

I won't attempt to summarise the technical background because
I'm not privvy to the complete picture. Just to say that the
recent threads on zope-db at zope.org very much echo our experiences
(and in some cases _are_ our experience although relayed by
a third party - Chris W: feel free to say more!).

I will observe the following: the many Oracle instances are
also used by Java and Perl apps. There have been, I understand,
no problems with database connectivity with the non-Zope apps.

The circumstantial evidence therefore points very strongly
to some bit of the Zope side of things being to blame.

So, Bo, keep digging. You may not be on the right path but
you are in the right forest IMHO.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/