[Zope-DB] import modules for external methods

Martin Krallinger martink at gredos.cnb.uam.es
Thu Oct 9 05:45:30 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I am trying to use external methods in Zope.

While I tried to add an external method I got
an error message stating that I could not import
a given modules located in my python site-packages.

To "show" the external method were this module
is located I use the sys.path.append

import string, os, sys
sys.path.append(path/to_my_module).
from my_module import yx

The curious thing about this all is that I could in the
beginning add this external method, and it worked fine,
but after restarting my Zope I did not work any more, without having
done any changes in the external method !

My questions would be:
1)Are there any dependencies of the  external methods and restarting the
Zope?
2) If yes what kind of dependecy and how should I proceed? 3) Are there
some "usefull" documentations on importing modules from e.g.
site-packages for external methods?

Any help would be very appreciated,

thanks a lot,

Martin