[Zope-DB] (ODBC) "Exception: invalid value 2.00 for company id" - but it can't be 2.00, it's an INT field... ?

Simon Bayling simon.bayling at rockford-uk.com
Fri Oct 10 07:16:33 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm using the Z ODBC product to read from a SQL Server database.
Testing the connection, I can read individual fields that are set as
VARCHARs.

I can't run (select *) or (select [company id]) which is defined as INT,
Primary key, autoincrement, no-nulls, because it raises a ValueError:

Error Value: Invalid value, 2.00[],for company id in record 1
                                             ^square box like a weird
ASCII character

How can it be getting 2.00 from an int field?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers,
Simon Bayling

--- Traceback ---
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection, line 132, in manage_test
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 586, in renderwb
  Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.RDB, line 200, in __getitem__
ValueError: Invalid value, 2.00, for company id in record 1