[Zope-DB] Re: DCOracle2 leaking Oracle sessions/connections?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 11:30:17 EDT 2003

> On Wednesday 24 September 2003 17:52, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
>  > There is a definate handle leak in the 1.3 and earlier versons of the C
>  > code.  The latest C code fixed this.  This MAY stop the session leak.
>  > Each query leaked a describe handle.

So, latest CVS should stop connection/session leaking?

> Sorry guys, this time I was wrong: I have well-working bit earlier
> ZOracleDA.
> But the latest is really "fixed": now nothing can help when you do
> db.close()
> or cursor.close() or even "del _v_database_connect". Session still appers.

Don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you saying the latest CVS
ZOracleDA still leaks Oracle sessions?

> not closes this connection... OTOH, this works fine with Zope 2.5, but not
> with 2.6...

What works fine on 2.5 but not on 2.6?

> _p_oid is always missing for me: I do SP on the fly and remove after
> execute,
> or I use standard ones. Always I have such error. It disappears when
> __init__() has self._p_oid = None. But again, this is really strange for
> me...

Is this _p_oid problem apparent when not using stored procedures?

>  > I dont know where this is coming from.  I'd need a traceback to see what
>  > the call chain was, and I'd need to know where the SP was coming from.
>
> Just see $ZOPE/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py (line142). Other thing --
> why it
> get refused sometimes...

What gets refused and under what circumstances does it get refused?

>  > yes, I've seen this... no good explanation as to why it happens.
>  > I think the various imports aren't absolute, and it mucks something up
>  > by importing dco2 twice, even though it shouldn't.
>
> 2Chris: I mean id(dco2) != id(dco2) in some cases.

What would it take to find and solve that problem?
What kind of bad things happen because there are two of these floating around?

>  > Nope, *something* is holding on to a connection, but I'm not sure what
>  > it is.
>
> Matt, it would be very nice to know it, because the latest DCOracle2 is so
> much fixed that my changes works only for-time-to-time. ;-) Maybe cursors?
> Maybe something somewhere fetched but not disposed? But again: I just had
> added connection, opened it, closed it (by button in ZMI) and selected
> active
> sessions from the p$session view in the Oracle, and see that there IS still
> the session from the Zope.

What Oracle SQL do you use to see what active sessions there are?

cheers,

Chris