Saga continues ([Zope-DB] DCOracle2: close connection doesn't)

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Thu Oct 23 11:42:59 EDT 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 15:38, Chris Withers wrote:
> > But that sucks in principle.
>
> Well, not really.

Yes, really. Connect to DB means "run this, this, this and this" before. To
our projects, which mostly looks like an operating system, written on PL/SQL
it is really painfull. So if you get flushed by the cache, it means you're in
real trouble.

> Now, you'd be wanting to sort out your ZODB cache size for
> many other reasons if that was the case, but, provided no Oracle
> connections are leaked, I don't see there's anything that bad, even with
> this pathalogical case.

Bad side is: connections SHOULD NOT be cacheable at all.

> But you suggest that it is being removed from that cache that leaks
> connections/sockets in your case.
>
> Can you confirm this?

I can say, that in my case connections are outside Zope Cache, but shared
between threads.

--
Regards, Bogdan M.Maryniuck

System programmer, Forbis UAB