Saga continues ([Zope-DB] DCOracle2: close connection doesn't)

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Thu Oct 23 11:55:06 EDT 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 15:47, Chris Withers wrote:
> What do you mean by 'needed' here?

I mean I have in production huge cache (10.000 objects or more, 20 threads
etc). So I really dislike this idea to flush everything from the Cache...

> Well, it could catch the exception oracle throws and re-connect, surely?

Yup.

> I would have thought the socket level was handled by the Oracle client
> interface, how is this not the case?

Well, yes. So C code of dco2 SHOULD have timeout feature. Though I am not sure
it has (should see one day). But I am a bit timecontstrained...

> > Me. That's why I complain a lot on whole DC Connection approach.
>
> Well, I have time to work on this, so if you and Matt can help me out with
> ideas for the 'right' approach, I'd like to make it work...

Connection is da whole Zope approach by sharing connectors between threads
using volatile attributes. In this case we sometimes have large amount of
connections, while we usually need one-two-three maximum...

--
Regards, Bogdan M.Maryniuck

System programmer, Forbis UAB