[Zope-DB] Formulator issue with Z Search Interface (Was: Form evaluation in ZSQL-Method)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 24 20:51:39 EDT 2003

Andreas Tille wrote at 2003-9-24 09:46 +0200:
 > > Anyway, I attach a patch to fix the "Z Search Interface".
 > Any further hint if I use Formulator?  The patch worked for my simple
 > example but my real application uses Formulator.  If I enhance my simple
 > example by a Formulator object the initial problem raises up again:

This problem is completely unrelated to the "Z Search Interface" bug.
 >    Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
 >
 >    Error Type: NameError
 >    Error Value: global name 'field_iditem' is not defined
 >
 > Or should I discuss this issue on a Formulator related list?

No, but you *must* learn to look at the traceback whenever
you see an error...

You find the traceback at "/error_log" (in your Zope Root Folder).

A traceback tells you precisely, where the error has been detected.

*Whenever* you report an error (it doesn't matter whether to this
or the Formulator list) you *must* include the traceback.
Otherwise, it becomes much more difficult to help you.

In this current case, it became impossible....

Dieter