R: R: [Zope-DB] ZODBCDA for Python 2.3.3

Zanotti Michele michele.zanotti at apss.tn.it
Thu Apr 1 14:31:45 EST 2004

>>> ZODBCDA is obsolete. Use mxODBC instead (as explain a dozen
>of times
>>> on this list during the last weeks)
>> Excuse my bad english. I think that if the problem has returned a
>> dozen of times in this week, it is because it is important
>have a free
>> (no
>money!)>
>
>This is a very strange opinion. Do you expect to have
>everything for free? I am sure that Marc-Andre Lemburg spent a
>significant amout of time into his product and from what I am
>hearing it is worth the money. Consider how much time you have
>spent with ZODBCDA to get it running. Assuming mxODBC costs
>around 100 USD then this roughly the amount for 2-3 programmer
>hours. Btw. I assume you get reasonable support from
>egenix.com...just think about it.

Well, you are rigth, and I think M.A. Lemburg has done a very good work, and
it is just and OK to pay for his work. (And yes, I know nothing in for free
in this life, I have my years and I know). So don't misunderstand my think,
I'm not criticizing M.A. Lemburg, I believe he is a Python guru and he is in
my Mount Olympus. I simply think that a simple no-charge entry-level odbc
adapter can help the Zope diffusion in Window world: is it a so strange
opinion?
Michele