R: R: [Zope-DB] ZODBCDA for Python 2.3.3

Michael Long mlong at datalong.com
Fri Apr 2 10:15:20 EST 2004

If this is the case you have bigger issues to overcome than the price of a driver:)

[...]
> This is where Zope (and other free software) fits in.
> The most usefull applications currently on our intranet popped into life
> without a managers involvement by pulling Zope (or others) from the internet
> and
> spending some rainy afternoons to solve some itching problem.
> We could spend long discussions about whether this is right or wrong
> strategy
> but I like to leave that to managers. Next time I need some Web-based
> database application, I'll have to stick with Zope 2.6.4 or perhaps
> PHP/MySQL or so.

Since you are developing a prototype or possibly a tool for "internal" use why not
go all out and migrate your db to an open source product like mysql or postgresql.
I know this is heresey in M$ shops and may not be possible depending on you needs
but could lead to some interesting discussions among the system architects if you
show them a working system built on open source components. Sometimes it is better
to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission when you are trying to affect a
paradigm change.

Good Luck and have fun,
Mike