[Zope-DB] Connect Zope to MS-SQL

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Aug 6 07:48:19 EDT 2004

Marcos Iuato wrote:
> I 'm trying to connect zope on linux to MS-SQL Server using
> Freetds + UnixODBC + SQLRelay from debian testing
> also tryed:
> Freetds + UnixODBC + SQLRelay from debian stable
> This works but is very unstable, a stored procedure sometimes is ok,
> sometimes happens a rollback and sometimes commit but returns no results.
> Has anyone using an open sorce solution to connect zope on linux to
> MS-SQL Server? or everybody is using mxODBC Zope DA?

mxODBC Zope DA connects and works using FreeTDS in order
to connect to MS SQL Server, but due to the immature nature
of FreeTDS we usually recommend using one of the many available
commercial ODBC driver kits to connect from a *nix machine to
the MS SQL Server machine.

FreeTDS is getting better with every release, but it's not quite
there yet.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 06 2004)