[Zope-DB] Using xml-rpc and perl and external methods

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Tue Aug 24 13:34:34 EDT 2004

On 2004-08-24 at 18:40:11 [+0200], Laura McCord
<Laura.McCord at doucet-austin.com> wrote:
> I just created my server and client side perl programs and I need to
> create an external method. I put my  client file in the Extensions
> directory. I tried creating an external method but when I submit the
> form a page not found displays. Is there any documentation on how to do
> this? I am not sure if I am using the correct syntax to be used in Zope.

Hi Laura,

this will not work because Zope is written in Python. ExternalMethods are
meant to allow you to extend Zope's functionality but this means using
Python...

So two choices:

1) Have a Python ExternalMethod make a system call to run your perl script

2) Write the script in Python. XML-RPC is well-documented for Python.

God luck!

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark