[Zope-DB] Interested in continued Oracle support in Zope?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 06:42:47 EDT 2004

Hi Dario,

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
> If it just was about the money, i think it would be no problems, but
> spending almost 4000 dollars (including licenses for mxODBC) and STILL
> having to rely on the non-commercial platform that is unixODBC, sort of
> negates the whole point of spending money on commercially supported
> software.

If you've got $4K going, that's a fair bit of DCOracle/ZOracleDA support
and development.

For my part, I'm happy to support and develop an Oracle Zope Adapter,
provided someone gives me a decent Python/Oracle interface to work with.

I'd be interested to know if cxOracle or DCOracle is a better starting
place, and which is likely to see more active developers...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk