[Zope-DB] MaxDB Problems - Pls Help

Samir Mishra SamirMishra at cbuae.gov.ae
Mon Jan 12 23:43:39 EST 2004

This has me pulling my hairs out... hoping I can get some help...

I'm using MaxDB with Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86),
python 2.1.3, win32), ZsapdbDA 0.3 and latest SAPDB Python modules.

I have the following table, populated with a few records in a SAP DB --

create table BANKINFO (
  BANKBIC  varchar (4)  NOT NULL,
  BANKNAME varchar (60) NOT NULL,
  BANKTYPE varchar (10) NOT NULL,
  RAND     float            NULL,
  STRMID   smallint     NOT NULL,
  MD5SUM   char    (32) NOT NULL,
  SHASUM   char    (40) NOT NULL,
  PASSWORD varchar (10) NOT NULL,
  FOLDERNM varchar (12) NOT NULL,
  primary key ("BANKBIC")
)

All of the queries listed below run without any hiccups in SQL Studio.

The following queries run fine as expected from within Zope and I get the
results I expect -

1. select * from BANKINFO

2. select BANKTYPE from BANKINFO

3. select BANKBIC from BANKINFO

4. select BANKBIC, BANKNAME, BANKTYPE from BANKINFO

5. select BANKBIC, BANKNAME, BANKTYPE from BANKINFO
   where ( BANKTYPE = 'Local' )

6. select BANKBIC, BANKNAME, BANKTYPE from BANKINFO
   where ( BANKBIC in ('ADCB', 'NBAD') )

The last query gives me 2 records, one for each code, which is the primary
key on the table.

Now for the problem part -- the following queries are failing to return any
records --

1. select BANKBIC, BANKNAME, BANKTYPE from BANKINFO
   where ( BANKBIC in ('ADCB') )

2. select BANKBIC, BANKNAME, BANKTYPE from BANKINFO
   where ( BANKBIC = 'NBAD' )

I get the message "There was no data matching this Z sapdb Database
Connection (connected) query." Which I know is not true.

Could someone pleas shed some light on this, or preferably, how I can fix
this in ZSapDB?

Thanks.

Samir.