[Zope-DB] Error when calling Z-SQL-Method in python script, Please Help?

Qingliang Li qlli at ctb.pku.edu.cn
Tue Jul 20 09:56:54 EDT 2004

A Z SQL Method named : quick_search_sql (and it contain several
parameters such as ID, Name, Type, Pmd, Description). When I try to call
this method in my script in the following way:
   context.quick_search_sql(Pmd= talbl, ID=query, Name=query,
Description=query, Type=query)
It dose not work EXCEPT when the ALL 5 parameters are all in REQUEST
object. I mean I MUST define the all 5 parameters in REQUEST object(the
value of parameters could be null), or it will give nothing back after
my submitting query.
On the other hand, I find a ugly method to make it work. :( I add some
some definitions to the REQUEST.form, It goes like this:
        request.form['pdm']=table
	request.form['ID']=query
	request.form['Name']=query
	request.form['Description']=query
	request.form['Type']=query
       context.quick_search_sql(Pmd= talbl, ID=query, Name=query,
       Description=query, Type=query)
Anyone could tell me why??

Additionally, I am trying to use ZOPE do some work recently. And I find
this ZOPE-DB community is a wonderful one. A special thanks to Dieter
for so many kindly reply. Thanks every much!

--
Qingliang Li
Center for Theoretical Biology,

Email: qlli at ctb.pku.edu.cn